How do I get support?

If you’re feeling worried about money, where you’re going to live, or who to turn to for guidance, the good news is there’s loads of extra support out there just waiting for you to grab it!

First, check out some of the information below. Then see what the universities and colleges can offer on top - you’ll find a detailed support checklist on each of their pages covering things like specific funds for care leavers and year-round accommodation.

You can also use sites like UCAS, Unistats and MyWorldOfWork to gather more general information about higher and further education courses, entry requirements and how to apply.

And don’t forget to share your plans with your teachers, throughcare workers and carers. They know you well and can offer sound advice and guidance on your options.

0800 023 2033

In care, a care leaver or supporting someone who is? Looking for help and advice?

Talk to us in confidence - online or over the phone.